Our holistic approach to lifting up communities is having a profound impact on villages and families alike.
Dollars Invested in Development Programs
Providing Local Health Care
- 18 auxiliary nurse-midwives trained to provide services in their villages
- 90 volunteer health educators trained to provide safe motherhood and healthy infant education program in 15 villages
- 2,600 children and adults have received free dental exams and treatments provided by volunteer dentists
- More than 475 pregnant women benefitted from prenatal vitamins
- 655 women chose to receive subsidized contraception
- More than $100,000 in 23 community loan funds
- 250 family pig farms established, tripling family incomes
- 175 coffee farms & nurseries established
- 13 primary schools constructed or improved
- 7 middle schools constructed
- 9 preschools established
- 291 students attended Summer English School, increasing their English proficiency
- 6 libraries established for 522 students
- Established special boarding school for 47 students to attend middle thru high school.
Building Participatory Leadership
- 23 Village Development Teams (276 men and women) trained to initiate and manage development programs with active community participation
- More than 14,000 villagers educated in development concepts
- 17 water systems installed, delivering clean water to more than 1,600 households
- Solar lighting systems installed for 300 homes in 3 villages
- Six miles of village roads and four bridges constructed, providing improved access to markets, schools & healthcare.